AC Repair in Port Charlotte , FL
Port Charlotte AC Repair Company
When the humidity and heat get bad in Port Charlotte , you rely on your air conditioner to keep you and your family comfortable. Sometimes your air conditioner will break down due to the extra strain it’s under from the heat. It’s also during those times when you need the most reliable air conditioning repair services. Velocity Air Conditioning can help meet all of your air conditioning needs, from tune-ups and repairs to replacement and installation.
Our Most Popular AC Services in Port Charlotte :
- Port Charlotte AC Repairs: You can trust our expert technicians to get to the root problem, and resolve it correctly the first time.
- Port Charlotte Tune-ups: To keep your air conditioner working effectively, it needs regular HVAC maintenance. This will not only keep your system efficient, but also reduce the AC repairs needed.
- Port Charlotte AC Replacements: Eventually your system will need a replacement. When the time comes, you want to know that your installation team will recommend the proper size and type of system for your home.
- Port Charlotte AC Installation: If you’re building a new home in Port Charlotte , or you’re installing an air conditioner for the first time, you’ll want to explore all the options to give you the most efficient cooling possible.
- Port Charlotte Commercial HVAC Service: Commercial HVAC systems are complex, and downtime can be costly and disruptive for any business. Velocity Air Conditioning provides a full array of commercial HVAC repair services for business customers in Tampa Bay and surrounding areas.
Things are Warming Up with Our Heating Services
Looking for reliable heating services that don’t break the bank? Velocity Air Conditioning has you covered there as well! We know just how chilly winter nights in Port Charlotte can feel, so we work carefully to make certain your heater is always ready and able to warm you up. Our team has been trained to service a number of heating systems, like furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, and more.
Call (813) 370-0299 to Let Us Know If You Need Help With:
- Port Charlotte Heater Repair: Many of the same symptoms indicating your need for air conditioning repair are the same for heater repair in the winter. The Velocity Air Conditioning team are experts in all things heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC). If you notice an issue with your heater, call our team to get your home warm again quickly.
- Port Charlotte Heater Replacement: Just like your air conditioner, your heating system will eventually wear out, needing a replacement. Our team helps evaluate your current needs to ensure you’re getting the best heating system for your needs. This includes evaluating your current capacity needs in addition to considering the options to equally match your budget with the best technology.
- Port Charlotte Heat Pump Installation: Many homeowners are enjoying the benefits of a heat pump over the traditional dual heating and air conditioning systems. These offer a substantial increase in heating efficiency, plus it gives you a single system to repair and maintain.
We Service All Brands
Subtle Signs You Need AC Repair
- AC Is Blowing Hot Air – An obvious sign your Port Charlotte AC System has an issue is when it blows hot air instead of cool air. This could indicate any number of issues, from a dirty evaporator coil to low refrigerant or a malfunctioning compressor.
- Low Air Volume – You should feel the air moving from your vents with your hand or a bare foot. If you hardly notice the air movement, you may have an airflow restriction like a dirty evaporator coil, dirty ducts, or even a failing circulating fan.
- Loud Noises – Noises are always an indication your air conditioner needs repair. Pay particular attention to a hissing sound, which potentially indicates a major refrigerant leak. You may also hear a humming or buzzing, typically indicating a problematic electrical component of a failing condensing fan motor. A loud screeching is extremely annoying, and indicates bad bearings in your circulating fan motor. Finally, a rattling sound may indicate something’s fallen into your home’s condensing unit outside, or that a part has broken and is rattling around.
- Your Home Is Muggy – One of the benefits your air conditioner offers is that it helps dehumidify your home. If you notice your Port Charlotte home is muggier than normal, it is probable your air conditioner is low on refrigerant, indicating a leak, or that the evaporator coil needs a good cleaning.
- Climbing Electric Bills – Your cooling bills will fluctuate with temperatures and electricity rates. However, keep an eye on your actual consumption and if you seem to be consuming more electricity every month compared to the previous year. When you see this increase without adding a new appliance, it’s a key indicator your system is struggling to maintain your set temperature. This can be anything from needing AC maintenance to a failing sensor or more significant issues like a refrigerant leak or failing compressor.
- Unusual Cooling Cycles – Ideally, your air conditioner will run cycles of 10 to 15 minutes, with two or three cycles per hour. When your system has an issue requiring an AC repair, you may notice longer cycles, where it seems to run nearly constantly. Conversely, you may also see short cycling, where the cycle is extremely short, and cycles on frequently.
Signs You Need A New AC Installation
- Your AC Could Be Considered an Adult – The average air conditioner in Port Charlotte Florida will offer a service life of 8 to 12 years with proper maintenance. As your system ages, the coils corrode, leading to refrigerant leaks. The internal components also wear, needing replacement to keep the system running. If your system is nearing 20 years, it’s far exceeded the normal service life, and could fail at any time.
- You Have Repeated Repairs – Keep an eye on how frequently you call for AC repairs. Most systems require significantly more repairs in their last two years of service. Look over the last two seasons, and add the amount of money sunk into repairs. Multiply the cost of those repairs by the age of your system, and if that’s more than the cost of a new system, it’s time for a replacement.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality – Systems that are aging and in need of replacement cause issues that reduce your air quality. They recirculate dust and dirt that’s built up in the system, plus they pull less humidity from the air. If you notice you’re having to replace your air filters more frequently, have your system evaluated for a possible replacement.
- Your System Uses R22 Refrigerant – The US government banned the manufacturing of R22 refrigerant as of 2020, making systems using this refrigerant cost prohibitive to maintain or repair. If your unit was manufactured before 2010, chances are it uses this refrigerant, and it’s already living on borrowed time. Take the plunge, and call to schedule a consultation with one of Velocity Air Conditioning’s expert installation technicians in Port Charlotte , Florida.
Velocity Air Conditioning is the go-to service provider of AC Repair in Port Charlotte area for air conditioning repair, maintenance, replacement and installation. Our friendly technicians are experts in all things heating and cooling, taking pride in keeping you cool while also giving you a great experience. Our technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter when your system starts acting up, we’re just a phone call a way. Call (813) 370-0299 to schedule your AC service with one of our award-winning technicians today.
Quality service at a bit of a discount.
Port Charlotte Zip Codes: 33948, 33952, 33953, 33954, 33980
About Port Charlotte Florida
Port Charlotte is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Charlotte County, Florida, United States. The first people to call the Port Charlotte area home were the nomadic Paleo-Indians as they chased big game such as woolly mammoth southward during the last ice age around 10,000 BC. At the time, Port Charlotte was not a coastal area; the peninsula of Florida was much wider than it is today and much drier. As the ice melted, the sea level rose and Florida assumed the shape and climate it has today and the Paleo-Indians gave way to the Calusa, the “shell people.” The Calusa thrived on the southwest Florida coast and numbered over 50,000 when the first Spaniards reached the peninsula in the 16th century. The arrival of the Europeans was devastating to the Calusa, as diseases such as smallpox and measles decimated the population. Eventually the Seminole would arrive from points to the north and establish themselves on the peninsula. READ MORE >>
Areas We Serve