Air Conditioner Not Working?
Here in Florida, the cooling season is most of the year. That means your central air conditioning system is vital to your home comfort and If it is not working correctly, your house can become unbearably hot pretty quickly. Today we’re going to talk about a common problem AC System problem: What to do when your air conditioner’s fan is not working.
Your air conditioning system has two fans: one ac fan is located inside that blows cool air into your home and one ac fan located outside that blows over condenser coils in order to release heat from your home’s air. If either one of these fans are not working correctly your air conditioner will not cool your home properly. Let’s look at some of the common reasons that can cause your air conditioner fan to stop working and what you can do to resolve the issue!
5 Common Reasons Why Your Central AC Is Not Working
- Capacitor problems: A capacitor stores up energy that is used to provide power to your air conditioner’s fans. For various reasons, your capacitor can go bad and stop working properly, which will force one of your system’s fans to stop spinning. Oftentimes a bad capacitor will need to be replaced by a professional.
- Contactor problems: An air conditioner contactor is an electrical switch that controls the compressor and condenser fan motor. It is common for the contactor to go bad over time, which restricts the outside fan from working properly. This is another part that must be replaced by a professional HVAC contractor.
- Burnt out motor: AC fan motors go through a lot of wear and tear, and they can burn out when they undergo too much stress. This is especially true for air conditioners that are not properly maintained. A bad fan motor is a serious issue that will either require professional repairs or a system replacement, depending on the age and condition of your system.
- Loose or broken belt: In older systems with belt-powered fans, the belt can get loose or break and cause the fan to stop spinning properly. This can be repaired, but it’s often a good sign that it’s time for a new air conditioner.
- Unit not receiving power: Some air conditioner fan problems might not be the fault of the fan’s assembly at all, but rather a power issue. Various parts of your air conditioner can overheat and trip your circuit breaker, forcing your air conditioner to shut down. If this is the case, you can flip the switch at your circuit breaker back on. However, repeated power issues should be looked at by a professional.
Velocity Air Conditioning is currently celebrating summer with discounts on air conditioner tune-ups and qualifying HVAC equipment upgrades. To learn more or schedule your seasonal air conditioner tune-up, call 813-370-0299 today!
We Service Install and Repair All Brands
- Get Fast, Same Day Service: We’re available 24/7, even on holidays. Call now and we will be out to your house as soon as possible, or at a scheduled time.
- Best Price Guarantee:You always get our best low price. Never pay extra for service on weekends, nights, or holidays.
- No Bait & Switch Techniques: We diagnose the problem and give it to you straight. No gimmicks, or bait & switch sales tactics.
- Respect & Honesty: We will always respect you and your property. You will always get a fair and honest quote from us before we start any work.
- All Makes & Models : You won’t be stuck waiting on back ordered parts. Our trucks are fully stocked with parts for all makes and models.
Here Are a Few of Our Testimonials
We Service All Brands Call Today! (727) 437-3810